Review for Courses or Placement Exams
Review for the Placement Test (Assessment)
About the test
For information about what topics are on the tests as well as information about what test you should take, please visit the Testing Process Page.
Free Review Options
For students taking the Prep for College Algebra test, we suggest following the College Algebra level course review topics.
For students taking the Prep for Calculus test, we suggest following the Preparation for Calculus course review topics.
Review with ALEKS Learning Mode
An alternative to reviewing using the course review materials listed above is to use the ALEKS Learning Mode online review tool.
Review for Courses
Tips For Success
- Start preparing before classes begin. Go to the course website, look at the course syllabus, and get started on the first few weeks of assignments, with the goal that the first few weeks of lecture will be review. This is a formula for success. Do not walk into your first UA math course without review.
- Students who place into a course with the minimum requirements should consider taking the prerequisite.
- Review and be prepared.
Review Prerequisite Material
Once you have satisfied the eligibility requirements for a particular UA MATH course, it is important to make sure you know what is considered prerequisite material for that particular course. Below is a list of UA MATH courses with links to material that students need to know prior to taking that particular course. In general, this is material that is not reviewed during the course.
- Most topics through calculus and statistics are available through the Khan Academy.
- More algebra review through Purple Math and Algebra Lab
Review for students who plan to enroll in:
- College Algebra level courses: MATH 109C, 111, 112
- Preparation for Calculus: MATH 120R
- Elements of Calculus: MATH 113, Basic Statistics: MATH 163 , Intro to Statistics and Biostatistics: Math 263 , Calculus Concepts for Business: Math 116
- Calculus I: MATH 122A/B, 125
- Intermediate Algebra Virtual Lab , worksheets and more review
- College Algebra Preparation
- College Algebra book and problems
- Trig identities and definitions
- Trigonometry, Solutions
- Trig Review
- College Algebra and some trig, Solutions
- Calculus Preparation
- Precalculus Review
- Some Review Algebra-Precalculus
- Calculus II: MATH 129
- Vector Calculus: MATH 223
- Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations: MATH 254