Research, Teaching, and Internships for Undergraduates
Explore the links below for opportunities available to current undergraduate math majors. For information about post-graduation employment opportunities, please see our Career Assistance page.
- New! Noyce Interns/Scholars Program
- Noyce Interns and Scholars will participate in teaching-related activities. This is a brand new program in 2016; see the SMEP website linked above to learn more and apply.
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistantships
- Our Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (UTA) programs provides opportunities to earn money or credit while engaging in teaching-related activites.
- Undergraduate Research Assistantships
- Our Undergraduate Research Assistant (URA) program provides opportunities to earn money or credit while engaging in research. You might furthermore have an opportunity to present your research at a conference such as SUnMaRC.
- University-Level Opportunities
- Employment opportunities within the Department of Mathematics as well as other opportunities here on campus.
- External Opportunities
- Internships, summer research programs, and semester programs away from the UA (including study abroad).
Tell us about your experiences!
Students' research, teaching, and internship experiences are often considered when the Math Department selects recipients for awards and scholarships, but we usually don't know about your experiences unless you tell us. To update your record, submit our survey