Recent M.A. Grads (Arizona Teacher Initiative)
This section gives information about all students who completed Master's degrees in Middle School Mathematics Teaching Leadership.
- Aguirre, Lydia. Thesis title: Can the Teacher Affect Internal Student Motivation?
- Brady, Lawrence. Thesis title: Nspired in the Classroom.
- Brown, Wanda. Thesis title: How does manipulatives affect academic engagement and achievement.
- Johnson, Rachel. Thesis title: Focused Concentration in the Classroom: Can Math Performance Benefit from Short Focused Concentration Sessions.
- Kennedy, Carol. Thesis title: Teaching Strategies using Geometry in the Elementary Classroom.
- Langrehr, Constance. Thesis title: Using Cognitively Guided Instruction to Increase Students' Conceptual Understanding of Fractions.
- Manciet, Patricia. Thesis title: Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
- Martin, Jenifer. Thesis title: Mathematical Problem Solving through a Contextualized Curriculum.
- Maspero, Karen. Thesis title: Make mathematics easier for Left-Handed students in a Right-Handed world.
- McDonald, Amy. Thesis title: Strategic Complex Instruction in Grade 1: Potential Effects on Student Participation, Reflection, and Confidence in Mathematics.
- Promis, Esteban. Thesis title: Improving Math Attitudes a Fraction at a Time, Action Research Study.
- Schickling, Michelle. Thesis title: Connecting to Math through Arts Integration.
- Welch, Eric. Thesis title: Face-to-Face Strategy Games and the Development of Students' Reasoning, Problem-Solving, and Self-Regulated Learning Skills.
- Woods, Heather. Thesis title: Homework Motivation- Do Teachers Really Make a Difference?
- Brown, Stephen. Thesis title: Extended Time: Time for Special Education Students to Master Mathematics.
- Catalano, Alice. Thesis title: Teaching Integers to Middle School Students.
- Cooper, Beverly. Thesis title: The Effects of Journaling in my Mathematics Classroom.
- Gregg, Kristina. Thesis title: Parent Involvement and Middle School Mathematics Education.
- Kennedy, Carina. Thesis title: Social Justice and a Mathematics Classroom.
- Lee, Sunny. Thesis title: Writing and Oral Expressions in Mathematics Classroom.
- Linton, Sandra. Thesis title: Improving Mathematical Vocabulary in Geometry.
- Lozano Garza, Leticia. Thesis title: Creating a 21st Century Learner in Math.
- McClain, Corissa. Thesis title: Math Websites: Bridging Parents to the Classroom.
- Miller, Nina. Thesis title: Writing for Meaning and Metacognition: Implementing Math Journals in a 5th Grade Classroom.
- Slingerlend, Jon. Thesis title: Measuring Up: Increasing Student Fraction Sense Through Measurement.
- Zanin, Kathryn. Thesis title: A Journey to Support Mathematics Teachers: An Eye Opening Experience.
- Robinson, James. Thesis title: Active Vocabulary: Effects of Engaged Instructional Strategies and Graphic Organizers on Vocabulary Retention.
- Dancil, Cynthia. Thesis title: Mathematical Writings in the 7th Grade Classroom.
- Agnew Weil, Jessica. Thesis title: Making Context Meaningful in Math Word Problems for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students.
- Basurto, Xavier. Thesis title: The Effects of Incorporating Geometry and Measurement into Fraction Instruction.
- Espinoza, Chiraporn. Thesis title: Action Research Study on Students with Learning Disabilities in Mathematics in the Inclusion Classroom.
- Hillman, Patricia. Thesis title: Homework: Interventions and Perceptions in the Middle School Math Classroom.
- Mahoney, Blanca. Thesis title: What Motivates Students to Complete Their Class Work?
- Martinez, Steven. Thesis title: Explorations in the Factorization of the Fibonacci Numbers and Can a Math Classroom Foster Belief That Success is Attainable through Effort?
- Pacheco, Monica. Thesis title: The Effects of Tiered Assignments on 6th Grade Students' Learning and Their Perceptions of Homogeneous Achievement Groups.
- Seidler, Paul. Thesis title: Improving Students' Abilities to Use Effective Problem-Solving Strategies.
- Valdez, Maria. Thesis title: Five out of Four People Have Trouble with Fractions.
Papenfus, Melissa. Thesis title: Vocabulary Instruction in the Mathematics Classrooom.
- Bond, Jill. Thesis title: Technology in Middle School Mathematics.
- Gribble, Cassie. Thesis title: Mathematical Discussion and Student Learning in the Classroom.
- Henry, James. Thesis title: Number Sense and Its Impact on Students' Solving of Algebraic Equations.
- Klein, Samantha. Thesis title: What Gets Students to Talk about Math?
- Munoz, Liliana. Thesis title: Teaching Strategies for Integers and Operations.
- Rishor, Donna. Thesis title: Task Structure and Student Engagment in Middle School Mathematics.
- Temple, Katherine. Thesis title: Differentiated Instruction and Flexible Group.