Working Group 2 Topics
- How do we do field notes and why? What can they tell us that audiotapes and videotapes can not? Practice doing them; analyzing them.
- How do we "measure" identity? Again, what does it mean; how do we examine and describe it? Is our survey capturing it and if not why?
What else should we do to capture it?
- What does play mean? Why aren't the students doing what we want them to do? What really does play in mathematics look like?
If we change the organization of the after-school, what effects will that have?
- Reexamine and edit the identity survey.
- Examine a videotape of student and facilitator/Fellow talking mathematically: what does math talk mean? What are the interactions that
go on that promote or hinder math talks?