Presentaciones 2006National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Annual Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, April 2006
- Anhalt, C., Ondrus, M., & Horak. G. "Professional development: An algebra course for middle school teachers of English language learners."
- Kondek, L. & Simic, K. "Designing an after-school math club for bilingual students."
Presentaciones 2005American Education Research Association (AERA) Annual Conference, Montreal, Canada, April 2005
- Moschkovich, J.N. "More than language: Characterizing mathematical academic English discourse practices." Part of the symposium Evidence of How Domain-Specificity in Academic Discourse Impacts English Learners from Multiple Methodological Perspectives.
- Kitchen, R.S. "Teachers' conceptions about mathematics and diversity in two urban districts: Results from an effective schools study."
- Guststein, E. Discussant for Equity and diversity studies in mathematics learning and instruction.
- Quintos, B., Bratton, J., & Civil, M. "Engaging with parents on a critical dialogue about mathematics education."
- Anhalt, C., Kitchen, R., & Moschkovich, J. presented as part of a session entitled Teaching English
language learners: Research and practice, challenges and intervention, which was organized by S. Davidenko
& M. Leiva. The presentations were as follows:
- Anhalt, C. "Center for the mathematics education of Latinos/as: An Overview."
- Kitchen, R. "Mathematics teachers' conceptions and instructional practices to address student diversity."
- Moschkovich, J. "Mathematics and Latino learners."
- Civil, M., Aguirre, J., Kitchen, R., Horak, V., Moschkovich, J. & Gustein, E. presented a research symposium entitled
Latinos and mathematics learning and teaching: What we know and don't know. Betsy Brenner was the discussant.
The presentations were as follows:
- Civil, M. "Setting the stage: A framework for research in mathematics learning and teaching for Latino students."
- Aguirre, J., Kitchen, R., & Horak, V. "Mathematics teachers' conceptions and instructional practices to address student diversity."
- Moschkovich, J. "Cuturally relevant mathematics: What does this mean for Latino learners?"
- Gutstein, E. "Teaching and learning mathematics for social justice in Latino schools."
Presentaciones 2004California Mathematics Council Annual Conference, Asilomar, California, Decemeber 2004
- Moschkovich, J.N. "Language issues in learning mathematics."
- Moschkovich, J.N. "Language and learning mathematics: An overview" and "Language and learning mathematics: Two cases".