7.1. Review and Prepare for Math Courses, Tips for Success
Math Placement, Transfer Credit/Credit by Exam, PPL (Math Placement Test) → First and Second Year Math Courses → Review and Prepare for Math Courses, Tips for Success
Tips for Success in UArizona Math Courses
- Start preparing before classes begin. Go to the course website, look at the course syllabus, and get started on the first few weeks of assignments, with the goal that the first few weeks of lecture will be review. This is a formula for success. Do not walk into your first UArizona Math course without doing some meaningful review.
- Students who place into a course with the minimum requirements should consider taking the prerequisite.
- Review and be prepared.
Reviewing Prerequisite Material
Once you have satisfied the eligibility requirements for a particular UArizona MATH course, it is important to know the prerequisite material for that particular course. Below is a list of UArizona MATH courses with links to material that students need to understand prior to taking that particular course. In general, this is material that is not reviewed during the course.
- Prepare for College Algebra and lower-level Math courses: MATH 106, 107, 108, 112
- Prepare for Preparation for Calculus: MATH 120R
- Prepare for Elements of Calculus: MATH 113, and Calculus Concepts for Business: Math 116
- Prepare for Calculus I: MATH 122A/B, 125