Special Topics Courses
Special topics courses for Fall 2017
- Math 518-001: Computational Methods in Algebra (Klaus Lux)
- Math 529-001 Operator Algebras and Quantum Theory (Janek Wehr)
- Math 529-002 Mathematical foundations of data assimilation and inverse problems (Matti Morzfeld)
- Math 538-001 Moduli Spaces, Geometry Invariant Theory and Birational Geometry (Yi Hu)
- Math 577-001 Algorithmic and Computational Statistics (Robert Maier)
- Math 577-002 Topic Course on Nonparametric Statistics (Ning Hao)
- Math 577-003 Big Data Math: Natural Language Processing and Automatic Theorem Proving (Marek Rychlik)
Curious what sorts of special topics courses were offered in the past? Please consult the Special Topics Course Archive.
Identifying Special Topics courses
The following university course catalog numbers are reserved for Special Topics courses: 518, 519, 529, 538, 577, 588.
When a Special Topics course is announced, it will be open but with the designation TBA. If there is sufficient student demand for the course, and the department has the resources to cover all its other teaching obligations, the course will be properly scheduled. Otherwise the course will be cancelled.