Special Topics Courses
Special topics courses for Spring 2017
- Math 519-1: Topics in Number Theory (Hang Xue)
- Math 538-1: Graph Theory (David Glickenstein)
- Math 577-1: Discrete Dynamical Systems and their Applications (Nick Ercolani)
- Math 588-1: New Ideas in Nonequilibrium Statistical Mechanics (Janek Wehr)
- Math 588-2: Solitons in Mathematics and Physics (Vladimir Zakharov)
Curious what sorts of special topics courses were offered in the past? Please consult the Special Topics Course Archive.
Identifying Special Topics courses
The following university course catalog numbers are reserved for Special Topics courses: 518, 519, 529, 538, 577, 588.
When a Special Topics course is announced, it will be open but with the designation TBA. If there is sufficient student demand for the course, and the department has the resources to cover all its other teaching obligations, the course will be properly scheduled. Otherwise the course will be cancelled.