UTA Program for Math Majors - Application
Application review for Fall 2017 will begin on August 15, 2017, and applications will be considered on a rolling basis until all positions have been filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Before you apply, please verify that you will be able to attend the weekly UTA seminar, to be held on Tuesdays from 5:30 - 6:20pm. Location is TBA. The seminar is required for all UTAs.
- Complete the application form; you will need to upload a current resume/CV within the form.
- A reference from a UA math instructor is required. Ask your recommender to complete the brief online form at http://math.arizona.edu/academics/undergrads/opportunities/utas/reference
- If you have found a faculty member willing to supervise your assistantship, then ask him/her to provide a short email to confirm that he/she is willing to be your mentor. The mentor should submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, the UTA coordinators will match you with a faculty mentor.
- After you have submitted your application materials, you will be contacted to take the mathematics skills test.
- Once you have completed the skills test, you will be contacted for an interview to provide extra information (class preferences, etc).
- After the interview, you will be notified with an official letter of offer or rejection for the position.