Special Topics Courses
- Math 519-001 - Modular Forms and Representation Theory - (Hang Xue)
- Math 519-002 - Algebraic Geometry and Combinatorics - (Yi Hu)
- Math 538-001 - Gauge Theory and Topology - (Sergey Cherkis)
- Math 577-001 - Theoretical Fluid Dynamics - (Laura Miller)
- Math 577-002 - Information, Energy and Machine Learning - (Marek Rychlik)
- Math 577-003 - Category Theory in Programming - (Sergey Cherkis)
- Math 588-001 - Spectral Theory and Quantum Mechanics - (Janek Wehr)
Curious what sorts of special topics courses were offered in the past? Please consult the Special Topics Course Archive.
Identifying Special Topics courses
The following university course catalog numbers are reserved for Special Topics courses: 518, 519, 529, 538, 577, 588.
When a Special Topics course is announced, it will be open but with the designation TBA. If there is sufficient student demand for the course, and the department has the resources to cover all its other teaching obligations, the course will be properly scheduled. Otherwise the course will be cancelled.